Cedar Crest Pace of Play Policy
Pace of play is very important to us at Cedar Crest. Your goal as a player is to keep up with the group in front of you. If you are playing slow or behind the pace allowed, you will be asked by a Marshall to pick up your pace until you are in the correct position on the course.
Time allowed per hole:
14 minutes on par 4’s – (8) 98 minutes
12 minutes on par 3’s – (6) 72 minutes
16 minutes on par 5’s – (4) 80 minutes
4 hrs & 8 minutes
Ways to speed up your pace of play:
- Only hit one ball from every tee box.
- Be ready to hit when it is your turn.
- Less chatter on the tee boxes and greens.
- Play from the appropriate tees.
Black Tee: HDCP 0 – 9
Gold Tee: HDCP 10 – 19
Silver Tee: HDCP 20+
Red Tee: Ladies, Juniors, or Beginner
Golf Cart Policy
- All carts are to be kept 50 yards away from the greens.
- All carts are to be kept on the path by tee boxes.
- All customers must sign a liability agreement for the golf cart.
- All players and riders must pay to ride in a golf cart. The price to ride in a golf cart is $15 per person for 18 holes and $7.50 per person for nine holes. If you are using a spectator cart the fee is $30. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If you are seen on a golf cart without paying, this is a theft of service. You will be asked by staff to pay for said service. If said service is not paid the police will be called. NO EXCEPTIONS.
A new City of Dallas policy is in effect for all public golf courses regarding cooler’s. You are not permitted to bring a personal cooler onto the property. There will be cooler’s available inside the 19th hole grill. A $10 deposit is required, which is returned to you when you return the cooler. If seen with a personal cooler a staff member will confiscate your cooler. NO PERSONAL COOLERS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Texas State Law prohibits anyone from bringing alcohol onto the property of Cedar Crest Golf Course. Any alcohol that is to be consumed must be purchased from the Cedar Crest 19th hole grill. If seen with your own alcohol a staff member will confiscate it or the police will be called. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Dress Code Policy
Cedar Crest is a “soft-spike” facility.
Players are to wear shoes that are not detrimental to the turf. For example, metal golf spikes, baseball spikes, football, soccer or high heel shoes are not permitted on the golf course.
The Dress Code policy at Cedar Crest is as follows:
- Men are not allowed to wear sleeveless shirts or tank tops.
- Shirts are to be worn at all times, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Players that show up to play in improper attire will be asked to purchase a shirt from the golf shop or to leave and return in the proper attire.